Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Life is a rollar coaster ride!

This is from the latest books I read, Eleven Minutes by Paulo coelho

"I stood for a long time by the roller coaster, and I noticed that most people get on it in search of excitement, but that once it starts, they are terrified and wants the cars to stop.

The roller coaster is my life; life is a fast, dizzying game; life is a parachute jump; it’s taking chances, falling over and getting up again; it’s mountaineering; it’s wanting to get to the very top of yourself and to feel angry and dissatisfied when you don’t manage it.

If I believe that the track is my destiny and that God is in charge of the machine, then the nightmare becomes something thrilling. It becomes exactly what it is, a roller coaster, a safe, reliable toy, which will eventually stop, but, while the journey lasts, I must look at the surrounding landscape and whoop with excitement. "

How well said!!

2 comments:

Preethe said...

Reminds me of a tamil phrase..
"Idhuvum Kadandhu pogum"

Aana .. konjam confusing..
Totally against the concept of free will ...

sri said...

//Reminds me of a tamil phrase..
"Idhuvum Kadandhu pogum"

Aana .. konjam confusing..
Totally against the concept of free will ...
//

Its true that we choose what to go through, like buying ticket to scary or lousy movie / or roller coaster and knowing very well wht emotion we are going to undergo, I have read in Neal's books that we even choose to take birth at so and so place to so and so parents with so and so diease!! thats free will ;)