Friday, October 23, 2009

A dairy of young girl


From Anna Frank’s diary on Wednesday, 5 April 1944, few months before her arrest.

I finally realized that I must do my schoolwork to keep from being ignorant, to get on in life, to become a journalist, because that’s what I want! I know I can write ..., but it remains to be seen whether I really have talent ...

And if I don’t have the talent to write books or newspaper articles, I can always write for myself. But I want to achieve more than that. I can’t imagine living like Mother, Mrs. van Daan and all the women who go about their work and are then forgotten. I need to have something besides a husband and children to devote myself to! ... I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I’ve never met. I want to go on living even after my death! And that’s why I’m so grateful to God for having given me this gift, which I can use to develop myself and to express all that’s inside me! When I write I can shake off all my cares. My sorrow disappears, my spirits are revived! But, and that’s a big question, will I ever be able to write something great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? ” —Anne Frank

You did it Anna, your writing have crossed nations and touched millions of lives.
Click here to learn about Anna frank’s museum in Amsterdam.

11 comments:

deep said...

I too have just finished reading it..very beautifully expressed.. a book which could touch anyone's heart...

Aarti said...

"I've reached the point where I hardly care whether I live or die. The world will keep on turning without me, and I can't do anything to change events anyway. I'll just let matters take their course and concentrate on studying and hope that everything will be all right in the end."

One book that i've read over and over again, yet cant fathom how someone could have gone thru so much as she did and write about it... :)

sri said...

@ Deep

Welcome :) Yes it would touch anyones heart!

@Aarti

I like this quote as well. well said

Rachana Shakyawar said...

@ Srivats

Thankyou for going through my blog |Humming Today| and taking time off commenting.

I'm glad that the comment made you leave your amazing blogs Links. You seems to be enjoying the best in your life right now and its great to check on through your posts.

The above post is simply awesome. I felt so touched.
May you add such aspiring and inspiring posts more!

Keep the spark Alive..

sri said...

@ Rachana

Welcome :) Gald you liked it.Sure I would keep writing them, but beware I hardly update here :)

My main site is stavirs007.blogspot.com :)

Hope to see you around.

Swaram said...

This is one book which really makes u feel u r living the life thatz written in the book .. cry with her, laugh with her .. that first love .. the father-daughter bond .. I luv this book :)
She hs def. touched our hearts :)

divsi said...

i love this book... its my all time fav:) thnx for sharin this extract:)
it touched me like before:)

MommyLabs said...

thanks Srivats for this beautiful post. I have read this book before but reading your post today reminds me that I must start narrating from her book to my 4 year old daughter...

HaRy!! said...

Anna sure has did it!! touching true!

Sid said...

"A dairy of young girl" - very offensive title indeed...
check the spellings :P

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Among the most moving accounts that I have read! I treasure this work of marvel for the maturity with which it was created!

Wonderful tribute!