Monday, April 27, 2009

Zahir speaks

Half way through the book and I am thinking I should re read this book up teen times. Makes me wonder where Paulo gets his inspiration from. I mean I believe without a shadow of doubt that he is great writer and spiritual person. However I can’t believe such wonderful thoughts come from a mortal. Some of the paragraphs from Zahir make me think, ponder and analyse for a long time, like the one below

"What we need to learn is always there before us, we just have to look around us with respect and attention in order to discover where God is leading us and which step we should take next. As Einstein said, God doesn’t play dice with Universe; everything is interconnected and has a meaning. That meaning may remain hidden nearly all the time, but we always know we are close to our true mission on earth when what we are doing is touched with the energy of enthusiasm.

If it is, then all is well. If not, then we had better change direction.

When we are on the right path, we follow the signs, and if we occasionally stumble, the Divine comes to our aid, preventing us from making a mistake. "
I closed the book and stood there in the Metro station starring at space for several minutes. Am I really doing something that interests me? Is it even remotely closer to bringing me enthusiasm or satisfaction?

After several minutes my poor logical mind fails miserably to make any conclusion. For now I am holding on to the following quote

"Only when all logics fail, Magic can happen"

2 comments:

Preethe said...

"Only when all logics fail, Magic can happen"
so true ...

I would stronly suggest .. you read scott adams god's debris

you will surely like it ..

sri said...

Kandippa , now half way through The Zahir, and I got crazy over the release of Angels and demons, Thats the only one book I havent read in Da vinci series. So started that as well :)

So after this I would go for the scott adams :)